- 4.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar (optional)
1. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
2. Combine canola oil and next 3 ingredients (through eggs), stirring with a whisk. Add to dry ingredients, stirring until blended. Stir in melted chocolate. Stir in walnuts.
3. Coat a 3-quart electric slow cooker with cooking spray. Pour batter into slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until set around edges but still soft in the center. Turn off slow cooker. Let stand, covered, 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.