- 4 -5 baking apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Scoop out center of each apple and and leave cavity about 1/2 in from bottom.
- Peel top of apples down about 1 in and brush lemon juice on top.
- In bowl, combine craisins, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Spoon mixture into apple cavities.
- Pour 1/2 c water in sprayed crockpot and arrange apples inside.
- Cover and cook on low 1-3 hrs or until tender.
- Serve warm or room temperature with carmel ice cream topping.
(Serving over ice cream is optional and recommended).
Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes