- 3 (3 1/2-ounce) bags boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen green peas
- Cooking spray $
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of crushed red pepper
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Remove rice from bags, and return to pan. Add peas to the pan, stirring well. Cover and keep warm.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add eggs to pan; cook 1 minute or until set. Remove eggs from pan; coarsely chop. Return pan to heat; add canola oil to pan. Add onions and ginger to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add shrimp to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until shrimp are done.
Add shrimp mixture and eggs to rice mixture; stir well. Combine vinegar and the remaining ingredients, stirring well. Drizzle vinegar mixture over rice mixture; stir well.