- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold edges under; flute.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt. Add half-and-half, and mix well.
4. Combine whole milk and egg yolks in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk; add to sugar mixture, and whisk to combine well. Stir in vanilla.
5. Pour mixture into prepared crust and sprinkle nutmeg over top. Bake at 375° for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until filling is set and lightly browned. Cool completely before serving.